Saturday, 20 August 2011

Fabulous friday and blind machine hemming

Hello - I hope everyone is well. It's not going to be a big post today, but a lot happened.

1) I could breathe through my nose for the first time since my surgery. It didn't last long but it was oh so nice. You don't notice it till you absolutely can't

2) My husband finished planting my snow peas as I still can't bend over from the surgery. He was home from work after working all night the night before.

3) We managed to go out for dinner. Our lovely neighbour came over after the kids were in bed to listen out
for them and we went out for dinner with my parents as my father goes home today. My mother is staying for another week and a half till all the after effects from the surgery are sorted out

4) We had the most amazing dinner at a wonderful Mexican restaurant we found. It might not seem like a big deal, but I love Mexican food, yet it is not especially popular in Australia/New Zealand. There are only 3 restaurants in Auckland and the other two are junk so it was nice just to be walking along a road this week and find one. Link to Dos Amigos

5) Half an hour before we were to leave for dinner my father announced that he needed his jeans hemmed. This resulted in me running around in a panic finding out how to do this quickly with the sewing machine. The place I went - YouTube of course. Here is the tutorial that I found to be excellent

How was everyone else's Friday? As busy and eventful as mine? Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...